feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Avon "Flips" for Bonne Bell's Design!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Makeup

I just saw an advertisement for Avon's newest product, "Pro-To-Go" Lipstick, and it seemed very familiar to me. This lipstick comes in an interesting little container that you can use just one hand to flip open, slide up, and flip shut. Very innovative, no?

Actually, this has been done before. Years ago, Bonne Bell came up with this idea (I'm talking about 10 years ago, because I used to have some of these) in the form of their "Flip Shades" and "Flip Gloss". It's interesting because they look like lighters!

I wonder if Avon stole the idea from them? Maybe they bought out the rights to this lipstick design? Was it ever even patented? So many questions left unanswered! I don't like Avon necessarily, so I won't be buying Pro-To-Go, but it's a steal at $6.

Anyone else use or see these Bonne Bell Flip products?

Like the idea of a one-handed lipstick?

Let me know what you think about this!

4 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

poor bonne bell! they need the kudos on this one. loved that line!

gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 13, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Oh, I remember these! I had to beg my mother to get me a few of these after I saw my friends with them. They were really awesome then, but I bought one for nostalgia's sake about a year ago, and though the packaging was as cool as ever, the gloss inside wasn't as good as I remembered. Plus, at $4 a pop, they're overpriced for Bonnebell products.

As for the design of the case, I doubt it's patented, and since Avon's making a lipstick with actual color, I doubt they'd be taking away customers from Bonnebell's teeniebopper-gloss-lover demographics.

Love your blog!

gravatar
Nicole said...
May 13, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

I agree Cybele!

Hey Anonymous! I know they have glosses and flip shades (the lipstick version), which did you use? I'm sure that Avon won't really pose a threat as well. Thanks for posting :)

gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

I used the Flip Glosses. I had the strawberry one. Where did you find the Flip Shades? Maybe they are discontinued? I checked the Bonnebell and Smackers websites and I found the Smackers Flip Glosses and the Bonnebell Flip Styles. Maybe they repackaged the Shades as these new "flip styles" things...

Post a Comment