feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Get The Look: Blake Lively!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Get The Look

Blake Lively, star of The CW's Gossip Girl, looked lovely as ever at the Met's Costume Institute Gala the other night! She seems so sweet and gorgeous, even in real life!

Anyone else a huge Gossip Girl fan? I am shamelessly addicted, and I don't usually get that way about those kind of shows. All I can say, to those of you who watch the show, is I cannot wait until Georgina is gone! In addition to Miss Lively, I think Leighton Meester (GG's Blair Waldorf) is absolutely beautiful, so perhaps I'll be doing a 'Get The Look' for her soon too!

Anyway, back on topic, I decided to recreate Blake's makeup look so that we can all look a little bit more like the effortless, yet so chic, 'Serena van der Woodsen'!

Blake Lively at the Met
  • Start off with a base. After moisturizing, apply your primer of choice (I like Monistat Chafing Relief Gel, but you could use Laura Geller's Spackle or another primer if you wish).

  • Blake's skin looks pretty flawless but natural here, so depending on the level of coverage you need, even out your skin tone. A nice tinted moisturizer like Smashbox's Backdrop would be great if your skin is in decent shape. A heavier-duty medium coverage foundation like Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light might be in order if you need some skin assistance. If you use mineral makeup, definitely go for that! Don't forget concealer, too, if necessary.

  • Lightly dust your T-zone with translucent powder if you tend to get oily. I like MAC Blot or Sonia Kashuk's Barely There Loose Powder.

  • Groom your brows with a light powder or gel, but do not put too much emphasis on them. The focus is on the eyes, not the brows.

  • Apply a neutral shadow, such as Milani's Eye Shadow in "Almondine" (discontinued?) or NYX Eye Shadow in "Nude", all over over your lids.

  • Using a brown/black eye liner, create a smudgey line that will just accentuate your lashes, blending the liner into your lashes for full effect. Apply falsies, if necessary.

  • Use a lot of mascara on your top lashes, and a little on the bottom. Blake's lashes are smokin' in this picture! I'd recommend L'Oreal HIP or Benefit Badgal for this look.

  • Apply a shimmery white/silver shadow to the inner corner of your eye, and partially to your bottom lid, as shown by Blake here. You could use NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in "White" or NYX Eye Shadow in "Hollywood" for this.

  • MAC Vanilla Pigment is great to dust LIGHTLY on the cheekbones as a highlighter, and would give you that golden glow like Blake's!

  • Finish off the look with a neutral, shimmering nude lip color, such as MAC's Dazzleglass in "Bare Necessity" and enjoy!
Any questions, comments, or additional suggestions? Fire away!

3 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 15, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Really nice blog! I like alot of your tips. PLease add mine, it is about beauty and stylish clothes.
Thanks!
my url:
http://voguera.blogspot.com/

gravatar
i♥make-up said...
May 15, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

I SHAMELESSLY CRAZY ADDICTED to this show, like no one can say a word when it's on. LOL. I love love love Blake, though personally I love Leighton much much more!! She's a lot prettier!

gravatar
Nicole said...
May 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

I think Leighton is a lot prettier and sweeter looking myself... but I think Blake has like the whole popular-girl vibe to her a lot more than Leighton does. Like, if their characters were real, I could see Blake being more "popular" in high school than Leighton based on personality.

Haha I love it!

Post a Comment