feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mineral Concepts Mineral Foundation Review! (With Swatches)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Makeup

I was recently given the opportunity to try out some products from the Mineral Concepts Mineral Makeup line!

Mineral Concepts Foundation Samples

I was running out of usual foundation so it was quite convenient that I was able to test out some mineral foundations from this company. Along with other sample goodies, the 'Sampler Kit' I was provided with included two shades of Mineral Foundation, one Velvet Finishing Powder and one Mineral Blush. I really liked the coverage (medium to full) and found that the shades "Sand" and "Almond" were very close to my own skin color, but not exact, of course. Luckily, with the Kit I was able to combine two of the shades to create the optimal color for my complexion. It seems like depending on how much sun my skin gets, most of their shades would work out well for me!

The two foundation shades I blended were "Porcelain" and "Tan" and the result turned out fabulously. I figure in the summer when I have more of a tan, the accurately-named "Tan" shade will likely be my go-to color. This product feels awesome on! I applied with my trusty Kabuki brush and was pleased with the instant results. The product felt creamy and soft, and blended almost as if I was applying a lightweight cream foundation or liquid. I did, however, have to be careful not to apply too much because the coverage can get a bit heavy if you cake it on! That being said, you really do not need an extra concealer with this product. Just apply a little extra Mineral Foundation over any trouble spots or redness with a concealer brush, and voila! Flawless.

Mineral Concepts Swatches

Also included was a deliciously smoothing, featherweight Velvet Finishing Powder (I chose "Matte") that set my makeup, and controlled shine. I did use a primer beforehand as well that probably helped a bit as well. I only had to reapply the Finishing Powder once throughout the day and my makeup stayed superbly. Don't be frightened by the bright white shade of this powder, I promise you it blends out to a translucent veil! You can even see on the swatch image above how it makes your skin look airbrushed!

All in all, the Mineral Concepts Mineral Makeup face line is excellent for most skin types. I have combination skin and am acne-prone, and the oil-control was pretty decent with these products. I will have to continue using to see if it improves the condition of my face (experiencing a slight almost-that-time-of-the-month breakout currently), but so far, so good. These products are irritant free, so I'm not worried. Dry skin will love the creamy, smooth application! For the very oily, more Velvet Finishing Powder can be used as a pre-base primer. You can order your generous samples right on the site!

More Mineral Concepts coming soon! :)

What do you think? Any mineral makeup lovers out there? Have you tried Mineral Concepts?

5 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 29, 2008 at 3:59 AM  

I have never tried such cosmetics... but may be I will try )))

gravatar
Nicole said...
May 29, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Hi Angel,

Yes! Please do try it! I am wearing the mineral foundation again today and I like it even more. I used the Velvet Finishing Powder as a base as well and it seems to be working wonders at keeping the oilies away :)

gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 30, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

I've not ventured into the minerals yet too.
But they sure look sheer and beautiful. Thanks for the heads up :)

gravatar
Unknown said...
May 30, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

I'm a huge fan of mineral concepts so i bought several sample kits to hand out to my family and friends. i am very acne prone, but this stuff seems to be good for my skin. my sister found that putting the finishing powder under the eyes helps keep mascara from smudging, but also gets rid of bags.

gravatar
Nicole said...
May 30, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

No problem Beauty Tyrant!

Thanks for posting Holly :) I have not had any problems with acne flare ups while using Mineral Concepts at all so so far I am pleased. Great idea for the Finishing Powder, I'll have to try that!

Post a Comment