feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Make It or Break It: Summer Trends!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Make It or Break It

As the weather warms up and the stores flood with summer clothing, certain trends are becoming apparent on both the shelves and the street. This "Make It or Break It" topic focuses on two of this year's summer trends!

This summer brings us some lovely rediscovered fashion, such as bright colors and graphic designs, as well as classic lines and new florals. However, two very noticeable styles that are definitely showing up everywhere are Ombre and Maxi Dresses. The ombre look features a dip-dye color gradient which fades from dark to light. This design is showing up everywhere, from tanks to skirts to handbags... ombre is definitely in. Maxi dresses feature a floor-length departure from the super short hems of yesteryear. Which trend are you rocking this season? Take the poll and see how you match up with other readers!


Maxi Dresses vs. Ombre


What is your favorite trend? How do you wear your maxi dresses or ombre outfits? Comment and let me know!

5 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 27, 2008 at 2:35 AM  

I vote for ombre, since I am not very tall and maxi dresses don't make me neither attractive nor beautiful (((

gravatar
Makeupfairytale said...
May 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

i vote for maxi dresses because well i dont want to get an uneven tan on my feet everrr again hahaha (girl who has a toe tan)

love your bloggggggg! im going to go bankrupt nooooo

gravatar
Nicole said...
May 29, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

Angel - I hear ya, sometimes the fit of a maxi dress can be unflattering. I have yet to really try on any casual ones this season!

Makeupfairytale - Thanks for the compliment! Keep those toes covered ;)

gravatar
Anonymous said...
May 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Neither for me... I'm another shory girl, so maxi dresses make me look like a kid wearing my mom's clothes! Ombre, meanwhile - well, I don't hate it, but I just can't seem to love it either. It reminds me too much of tie dye, and that's something I never like to be reminded of!

If I had to pick one, though, I'd go for ombre - just much easier to wear than anything "maxi" for me.

gravatar
Nicole said...
May 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

FashionPolice - I hear you on the Tye Dye effect... I think that the Ombre trend will be quick to fade, no pun intended. I am thinking of trying on some maxi dresses next time I'm out shopping, but I doubt I will buy any for some reason. I am not really short and not tall, so maybe they would be ok, but I feel like the lines of a maxi dress might not flatter my body type. Thanks for commenting, though!

Post a Comment