feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Fashionable Athleticwear!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

If I had tons of money to spend on clothing, there would be no holds barred! If I wanted it, I would buy it in a heartbeat and never look back. I'm sure you feel the same way. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

I would, of course, want a fabulous wardrobe encompassing not only dressy eveningwear but also the trendiest and most stylish casual attire. My entire wardrobe, even down to my gym clothes, would be exceptionally fashionable!

Which brings me to my next point. What do you wear to the gym? Right now, I'm used to 'slumming it' in tees and sweats when I actually convince myself to go. If I had a stylish gym wardrobe, would I go more often? Maybe, maybe not. Right now, it just isn't in the cards for me to spend a fortune on athleticwear. If I was a gym rat, I would consider a rotation of, oh, perhaps three or four, mix-and-match gym outfits that were stylish and supportive. They wouldn't cost a fortune, but they would be "nice" gym clothes. You know what I mean.

I've picked out some NON-FRUMPY, cute gym options that are stylish and made for athletic wear. These items are all different price ranges and styles that mix and match, but still look appropriate and are functional. Take a look:

SWAV Inspired Fitness Fashion
I know that the gym is not a fashion show, but the truth of the matter is, everyone there is looking at everyone else. It's very unlikely that anyone goes to a public gym and keeps their head down, not looking at anyone the entire time. If you are in an upscale gym, or in a busy one somewhere posh, you're likely to notice certain trends in athleticwear that extend beyond the oversized and baggy options a girl like me might feel most comfortable in. There may be noticeable cliques at your gym, or you might have a friend or two that you regularly go with. Regardless, the gym is a social place! And social places call for social, not slumpy, attire. You agree, ladies?

Let me know what you think!

3 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
June 5, 2008 at 4:11 AM  

i think you nare perfectly right, even in gym we must look nice.

gravatar
Mischo Beauty said...
June 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Great post and I TOTALLY agree! I can barely workout without looking up to see someone looking at me - LOL! Anyway, I tagged you today! :)

gravatar
Nicole said...
June 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Thanks Angel, yeah unfortunately I think it's true. That's why I like to use my own exercise equipment at home... I can work out in pajama pants!

Mischo, I know what you mean! Everyone's eyes are darting all around the gym like vultures haha. Thanks for the tag! I'll have to check it out and reply soon :)

Post a Comment