feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

FOTW with Alice Cosmetics!

Labels: , , , , , ,

FOTW LOGO

Hey everyone!

Sorry it has been a little while since a real update here, I am in the process of moving and my laptop crashed the other day so I've been a little frustrated and busy and unable to blog. Anyway, I'm back for the meantime and I have a FOTW today using a few products from Alice Cosmetics!

Alice Cosmetics Samples

I was given the opportunity to test out some samples from the Alice Cosmetics Mineral Makeup line so I decided to do a Face Of The Week with them instead of just talking about it. I did take some photos, so here are what the samples looked like (such cute sifter jars!) and some swatches of the eye colors they let me try:

Alice Cosmetics Swatches

For my FOTW, I used Alice Cosmetics Oil Control Base, followed with their "Medium" Foundation and "Warm" Buffer. For a little extra coverage, I used Ecco Bella FlowerColor Coverstick in Beige.

FOTW 6-18-2008

For the eyes I used MAC "Old Gold" pigment (view my post about that here), and Alice Cosmetics "Sage" Eye Shadow. I used MAC Fluidline in Dipdown to line my eyes, The Body Shop Brow and Eye Powder for my Brows, and NYX Doll Eye Waterproof Mascara in Black. I also used MAC "Funtabulous" Dazzleglass on my lips but it doesn't really show up that well in the photo.

MAC Old Gold and Alice Cosmetics Sage Eye

All in all, I think Alice's foundation was very flattering and a lot lighter of a formulation than previous minerals I have tried. It seemed to provide coverage without a heavy look, and I liked that. The shades were dead on, so I was glad that the colors worked out as well. The eyeshadows are really shimmering, sheer, pretty shades as well that seem to be in a neutral palette.

What do you think of my look? Have you tried Alice Cosmetics?

5 comments:
gravatar
Jnie said...
June 18, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Wow, your skin is flawless.

gravatar
Nicole said...
June 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Ha! It is far from it, but thanks Jnie :) I guess the Mineral Foundation is working!

gravatar
Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...
June 19, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Beautiful colors, love 'em all! I have never heard of Alice Cosmetics. Where can you purchase the brand?

gravatar
Nicole said...
June 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Leeann, you can order right off their website at http://www.alicecosmetics.com/ :)

gravatar
Vanessa said...
June 25, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous Nicole! You have such nice skin!

Post a Comment