feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Mineral Concepts Lip Balm and Blush Review! (With Swatches)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Makeup

Along with some nice Mineral Foundation, the fine folks over at Mineral Concepts were kind enough to let me sample some of their lip balms and multi-purpose blush products!

What I sampled:
Photobucket

I really liked their "Mystic Mauve" blush, which was a pretty, shimmery mauve color. All the Face & Lip Blushes tend to stay put very well, which means that you have to apply quickly and precisely. This was my first experience with Mineral Blushes, and I must say that it was an interesting one. I am used to pressed powders so it takes a little more skill to work with the loose powder, but the effect is sheer and lovely. The colors all have a touch of shimmer as well.

The Moisturizing Lip Balms are excellent. They come in very natural, flattering shades. The "Rose" shade was definitely my favorite, as it produces somewhat of a 'Your Lips But Better' shade. Very pretty!

Just for fun, I layered "Mystic Mauve" with BooBoo Lip Balm to create a look that rivals any long-lasting shimmer lipstick out there. My results? A really pretty effect that you would never guess was created by a powder!

Photobucket

So from this whole mineral experience, I've learned that you can really utilize mineral makeup to its fullest by mixing and matching colors and creating looks and effects that are suitable to your skin type, tone, and qualities.

Not sure what your skin is looking for? Take advantage of the sample size offers that companies such as Mineral Concepts provide! These allow you to test out the products for a nominal fee. You can try different colors or types of minerals to see what is your best match. Who knows, you may find something you love!

Have you ever used a mineral blush or lip product? What were the results?

Like any of these Mineral Concepts shades? Ever blended or mixed your own minerals? Let me know!

4 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
June 3, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Never heard of this line. Thanks for the info. I'll add this to my list of "I gotta try" :)

gravatar
Nicole said...
June 3, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

No problem, Cybele! They definitely have some great stuff if you're into minerals. Lovely colors, and really finely milled powders too :)

gravatar
Anonymous said...
June 7, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

O M G that lip combo is soooooo cute!!

gravatar
Nicole said...
June 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM  

Thanks girl!!

Post a Comment