feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Make It Or Break It: Offensive Stray Facial Hair!

Labels: , , , , ,

Photobucket

Ugh. What could be worse than ungroomed brows, prickly upper lip hair, overgrown sideburns and dark facial fuzz!? Nothing.

Maybe I'm making too big a deal of this, but in my opinion, our society seems to look down on the unibrow or some upper lip fuzz pretty drastically. It just makes you seem unpolished to sport a full 'stache as a lady.

What do you think?




The SWAV Solution:

Get waxed or threaded. You could also try a depilatory cream. There's always plucking with tweezers too, that's usually my number one. Its quick and lasts a long time... the only downside is the potential pain or the time involved in getting to the salon (for a wax) or doing it yourself.

OK, I get it, you're busy. Does that mean no time to wax or pluck those stray hairs? Instead of trying to grin and bear it, try a portable personal groomer, like the one I have by Artemis Woman.

This little groomer is safe to the touch, super easy to use, painless, and quick! All you have to do is run it over the offending area and the hair is "shaved" off safely and simply. There is nothing like a little stray hair to ruin your whole look. I use a groomer if I notice some stray unpleasant hair around my brows or upper lip. Just a quick swipe, and its gone... how much easier can you get?

The Artemis Woman Groomer goes for $14.99 at Amazon.com or you can also find it at Wal-mart. A small price to pay for beauty, don't you think? Since it shaves off hair at the surface, the results won't last as long as waxing or plucking, but as a temporary fix, the groomer is your friend! The best part is that 2% of the profit from every Artemis Woman purchase is donated to support alternative treatments and screenings for women's cancers! So you can look good, and give back!

Do you use a personal groomer? Why or why not?

8 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
June 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

The Artemis Woman Personal Groomer is the best option between salon visits. It quickly and effectively removes all unwanted hair- without any pain!

gravatar
Vanessa said...
June 25, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Hi Nicole! Sorry for the delayed reply to your question about the Sally Hansen Airbrush Spray, things have been quite busy on my end! I am not sure to be honest, if it works well on oily skin (since I have dry skin), but I am sure if you put a relatively small amount perhaps over a powdered primer to absorb the oil it should be awesome!

gravatar
Lydia said...
June 28, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

Im glad I don't have a mustache but yeah sometimes I forget to pluck my eyebrows! Ugh! I hate doing it! lol

gravatar
Nicole said...
June 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

Thanks Vanessa, I tried it out and didn't really like it all too much on my skin... but I'm glad it worked for you!

Lydia, it is really an annoying chore, I feel your pain, haha.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
September 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

I'm appaled that you used Frida Kahlo's picture to sell this product. She portrayed herself with a unibrow and mustache to challenge traditional standards of beauty.

The next time you sell a product, don't put the likeness of a greatly revered person to prove your point; and check your facts

gravatar
Nicole said...
September 18, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

Sorry to offend. I suppose it was rather negligent on my part -- however, I was simply trying to make a point in a recognizable way.

I have learned about Frida Kahlo previously in my art classes, so I wouldn't say that I didn't know my facts. I don't make commission on these products, so personally, I don't care if anyone buys one or not.

I did leave a poll up for a reason, so those that are a fan of facial hair can say so and maybe even enlighten us as to why. I do realize that different cultures promote different standards of beauty.

However, here in the U.S. it seems to be offensive to showcase excessive facial hair. That's all I was saying. And you said that Frida Kahlo challenged traditional standards of beauty, so I actually, think that her photo is not negative being placed here. I could even argue that it shows that since she was challenging standards -- the standard is therefore that "facial hair on women is bad"... therefore leading to the necessity of facial hair removers if you want to fit in with the standard.

Anyway, thanks for the post!

gravatar
Anonymous said...
September 24, 2008 at 2:03 AM  

You didn't mean to be offensive?When you use this painting with a paragraph next to it asking what could be worse than..... (basically describing the way she looks in this painting) and answer it by saying NOTHING, then yes - that is deliberatly being offensive.

gravatar
Nicole said...
September 24, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

I apologize if I offended you. I don't understand why you aren't accepting it. Before you came along, no one else informed me of how awful and offensive this post way -- obviously no one was that bothered by it. Deliberately being offensive would mean that I knew putting this up would bother people. If I knew it would bother people, I wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Unfortunately, this post has been up for too long and has only received one negative comment, which doesn't really justify its removal. I realize that Frida Kahlo was greatly revered for her non-traditional beauty, but my blog is not here to advocate or demote that kind of statement. I am just blogging about a stupid groomer! It isn't a big deal, at least, it wasn't meant to be.

If you don't want to read my blog, you really don't have to. If you are that offended, then leave.

Just as a forewarning, readers, my posts are about conventional beauty, and I might put up a "bad choice" photo once and a while. If that bothers you, you are free to go look at Temptalia's blog or something else.

Post a Comment