feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

SWAV Loves: Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder Sunscreen!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Loves

Since any sunscreen I use usually leaves my face a broken-out oil slick, I am currently loving this new product by Peter Thomas Roth. It is a bit pricey at $30 for the small filled brush, but I think it's worth it!
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Sunscreen
This SPF 30 mineral powder is so fine and translucent that it feels and looks as if you have nothing on. I do notice a slight bit of oil absorbancy but aside from that, although the powder is tinted, it offers no coverage. I've been using this for about a week now and have had no allergic reactions or problems so far, which makes me a happy camper! I love the fact that there is only a minimal amount of ingredients listed on this container (so it's not filled with chemicals). I also appreciate that it is totally portable and since it is a powder it won't "melt" in the sun.

Getting down to business, most reviews on MakeupAlley complain that this brush is poor quality. The brush is not the worst, but also it is far from the best. The bristles are not as soft as they could be, and are clearly synthetic. In order to operate this product, you have to twist the bottom to release powder and apply, then slide up the body of the brush to cap it closed.

I have not had issues with the bristles breaking or falling out myself, but also when I apply I am not so much "brushing" it on as I am "dabbing" it on with the brush. I noticed that unless I am "dabbing" (going with an up and down motion horizontally tapping against the skin) I can't really see the powder coming out and so I don't really feel like it is working. But when I use this motion, I see small puffs of the powder so I know it is coming out of the brush.

I usually apply as a final layer over other mineral makeup or just alone when I am feeling lazy but going to be out in the sun. Although I love it, I do find it to be a bit pricey so I'd like to see what other companies come up with along the lines of mineral sunscreen. Most mineral makeup does offer a bit of SPF anyway because of the Zinc Oxide in it, although that isn't necessarily their claim to fame. I purchased mine at Ulta, but you can also find it wherever Peter Thomas Roth products are sold. If you're looking for an easy to use, portable, good-for-your-skin sunscreen, check this out ASAP!

Have you tried this product? Love PTR? Hate it? Let me know!

2 comments:
gravatar
tinav said...
July 4, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I actually took it to my dermatologist when I went for a treatment, and she was really shocked to see what a great product it was. She looked at the tube, read the ingredients, and then wrote down the name and info for other patients. I have to go to Sephora tomorrow to pick up another to take on vacation.

gravatar
Nicole said...
July 4, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

Hey Tina, glad to hear this is working for you too! Have fun on vacation :)

Post a Comment