feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Taming the Beast; How to Calm Your Hair!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Haircare

Woe is me. Well, woe is my hair at least. My frumpy, day-to-day hair is somewhat coarse and generally thrown into a messy bun, but there are days when I like to blow dry and straighten for a more polished look. The only complaint that I have with the heat-styling process is that sometimes you are left with those unsightly fly-aways. I also happen to have a permanent cowlick on one side of my head. It's hot, I promise.

So, what is a girl to do about these hair issues? Well, luckily there are a few products that have been helping me out lately! Here are two of my tried-and-true hair calming product faves of the moment:

For a pre-styling hair tamer, I like to apply the smallest amount of Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner. Made with nettle, thyme, chamomile, grapefruit seed and lavender, this product is meant to be put on in the shower as a conditioner that you don't wash out. Instead, I just like to use it as a lightweight hair creme that leaves my hair silky and smooth. The best part is that it moisturizes as it styles. Just remember to only use the smallest bit, because although it is lightweight, if you put too much it could leave your hair looking heavy or greasy. Giovanni is available at drugstores and Vitaminshoppe.com.

Now, just in case you've already run out the door and now in sunlight you are noticing stray hairs flying all about your head, I have another product recommendation. This one is called Tamz, and it is a clear product in a small wand applicator that you can take on the go. Tamz will smooth your stray or baby hairs, and keep you frizz free! Throw a bottle of Tamz in your car, purse, or even keep one at the office to keep yourself polished all day long. For less than $9, you can't go wrong with this stuff! You can get Tamz for yourself at Shoptamz.com.

What do you to tame stray hairs and flyaways? Know of any great products for fighting frizz? Let me know!

1 comments:
gravatar
Tammy said...
September 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

I usually put some hairspray on a comb and brush it onto my hair. It gives me just enough hold and keeps the frizzies at bay without making my hair crunchy..think I may give Tamez a try though.

Post a Comment