feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

AG Hair Cosmetics Product Reviews!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Haircare

AG Hair Cosmetics is an upscale hair product line based in Canada. Their professional line of products are currently available in over 10,000 salons across North America. Interestingly enough, their products are sold at an upsale salon by me in New Jersey too! Their products have been featured in numerous magazines, like Elle, Hairstyles, and Ok!, and the line also has pretty good reviews on MakeupAlley, so I was eager to see what they were all about. I tested out their "Control" shampoo, "Liquid Varnish" smoothing polish, "Re:coil" curl activator, and "Foam" weightless volumizer.

I have been using the Control shampoo ($13.50) every other day for a few days now and I really like it. This shampoo is targeted for helping rid the scalp of dandruff, which I (unfortunately) suffer from occasionally in the colder months. This product contains double the amount of active ingredient zinc pyrithione as drugstore anti-dandruff shampoos (aka. Head and Shoulders), making it super effective! Also, it doesn't smell medicinal like some others can, and instead smells like a delicious floral/almost bubblegum scent. It's also pink. The verdict... No complaints at all here! If you have dandruff or an irritated scalp like I do (well not anymore, but like I did before) definitely, definitely, try this product!

The Liquid Varnish smoothing polish ($19.) is a shiny little sealant that helps calm frizz and mend split ends. I don't know if it did all that in the short span I used it, but it did make my hair feel nice and look fairly healthy. It has a fruity candy scent that is very faint and that fades when the product is applied. It is a little pricey for the size of the bottle, but the fact that you only use a teeny-tiny amount probably makes up for that.

AG's Re:coil curl activator ($18.) is a must have for curly girls. Their curl activating balm even encouraged waves in my generally straight hair! I applied some to my damp hair, scrunched, and put it up into a messy bun. When I took the bun down a few hours later I had soft (not crunchy!) wavy hair that actually held it's wave. For those of you with curly or wavy hair, this stuff would be awesome to control your curls instead of a heavy, sticky, crunchy gel.

AG's Foam weightless volumizer ($18.) is a really interesting product. It's not a mousse, because it doesn't come in that aerosol type of can. The foam that comes out of the bottle is a different texture than you would expect, as it is almost like rich, fluffed up gel consistency. This stuff really did work to volumize my thick hair and even hold it in place a little bit without weighing it down at all. It smells faintly like coconut, and apparently contains anti-frizzing ingredients, as well as those which protect against humidity and thermal heat. Out of all the styling products I tried, I think this one is the one I like the most.

If you have an AG Hair Cosmetics retailer near you, give them a try! You will definitely be pleased with the results.

A huge thanks to Jordan from AG Hair Cosmetics who gave me the opportunity to try out this product line and report back to you all!

3 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
March 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

Oh, my hair is really wavy, I think I should try this coil curl activator. Who knows, may be it works wonders!

gravatar
Nicole said...
March 25, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

Angel, you should definitely check it out! The best part is that your hair won't be crunchy and stiff once it dries. If you do test it, let me know!

gravatar
asksabino said...
March 25, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

Bet it won't hold up in any climate like Curls for Straight Hair. http:www.sabinohair.com

Post a Comment