feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Complex 15 Theraputic Face Cream Review

Labels: , , ,

Skincare

My skin has been acting up again.

It could be PMS coming through, the stress at school/work, or the fact that things are going a little nuts at home... and truthfully, I think all that Lumene messed me up too. But, regardless, due to this frustration I've been getting a few bumps and flaky skin too (mainly from the weather and acne treatments). I have noticed that my moisturizer has not been cutting it for me lately. For months, I've been using Pure Glycerin mixed with Aloe Vera Gel with no bad side effects. My skin is combination but now it seems to be headed more towards "flaky and oily". Great combo, right?

So, after strolling around CVS and reading some reviews on my trusted MakeupAlley and Epinions... I decided to give Complex 15 a try. Complex 15 Theraputic Face Cream has been around for a long time apparently. It comes in an inconspicuous, almost medicinal box, where inside lies a tube similar to a prescription cream.

Complex 15 will run you about $7, and contains phospholipids, such as lecithin, which apparently "restore and maintain natural moisture balance in dry, sensitive skin". Now, that's a bargain find! It is unscented, contains no parabens, lanolin, or mineral oil. It's also hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, and fragrance-free. It doesn't have SPF either though, so if you are concerned about SPF, you may need an additional sunscreen.

It's sort of like a basic, bare minimum, yet effective moisturizer! Kind of like Cetaphil. Well, not really because I used Cetaphil for a long time and found that it did nothing to benefit my skin... it just sort of felt like it was "sitting" on my skin and would never really absorb. Complex 15, however is more like a lightweight moisturizer that applies smoothly and soaks in fast! I've been using it for 2-3 days now and I already am noticing less peeling/flaking. No new breakouts or problems so far... and it doesn't seem to be making the existing ones worse.

Some reviews I've read said that this product broke people out (just a couple, but I figured I'd mention anyway... way more people were satisfied than dissatisfied).

I am using it in conjunction with my sulfur soap (which also makes my skin super soft), 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream, and also the occasional Salicylic Acid treatment as well... so I'd imagine all those anti-acne goodies could prevent Complex 15's evil "true qualities" from showing. If it even has those evil qualities, I don't know. But I'm just saying.

All I'm seeing though is calm (considering the circumstances), moisturized skin. It feels soft and hydrated, without being greasy at all. This stuff doesn't just sit on your skin! I think this moisturizer could definitely be a keeper! And it's a heck of a lot easier than mixing glycerin and aloe all the time.

If you're looking for a good quality, simple drugstore moisturizer with no excess frills and fragrances and Cetaphil isn't really doing it for you, check this one out!

EDIT 3/11/08: This may have caused my skin to dry out! I don't know if this was definitely the culprit but I don't want to recommend this since I'm no longer sure. If you have oily skin, you might wanna check it out, but if you're dry and flaky to start... it could be too much for you. Once again, I'm not positive that this product is what did dried me out... but something did.

2 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
March 10, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

Hey Nicole,

Nice new layout!! very soothing to the eyes,

Tell me about those problematic skin acting up and all. Hate that too.

I'm using Vitamin E nourishing night cream from The Body Shop.Seems to be really great and has not caused any bumps yet. Oh no, hope i didn't jinx myself now. I also like Olay's Regenerist Serum. Full of peptides. If you're allergic to the serum, switch to the Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration cream instead.

see u soon

gravatar
Nicole said...
March 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Thanks Beauty Tyrant :)

I really like The Body Shop's selection of skincare... I might have to check them out one of these days. Thanks for the rec!

Post a Comment