feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reader Feedback: Sulfate-Free Shampoo Recommendation!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

For my second reader question, Anonymous wanted to know:

"Can you recommend a great shampoo that doesn't have sulfates? (sulfates strip the highlights/color from your hair!)"

Shop With a Vengeance Response:

Why yes, I do know of a good brand.

I am currently using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner from the Giovanni Organic Cosmetics line, which is available at health food stores and even Target now.

The Giovanni line makes a number of shampoos, conditioners, and styling products. They also make amazingly scented body washes, including one called Raspberry Ice (I think) that smells heavenly. The specific products I use are called 50/50 Balancing and they smell divine.



The shampoo even lathers up with no problem (despite being sulfate-free) and rinses away clean. Love it. The 50/50 Conditioner is protein-based and I think my hair has been doing well with it so far. I tried the Smooth as Silk Conditioner as well, and I definitely prefer the 50/50. Depending on how your hair handles protein conditioners, you can determine what kind of conditioner you will need.

A few other brands I've heard good things about are Yes To Carrots, Pureology, and also the Pravana line.

Unfortunately, shampoo is one of those things that could work awesomely for one person and be not-so-awesome for another, so it is really a trial and error process.

However, if you haven't tried the Giovanni hair line, I suggest you try them out!

2 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
July 16, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

I really like Tigi S-Factor Color Savvy Sulfate-free Shampoo and conditioner. I've been using that for a few years now, and my hair doesn't ever feel like it has a build up and my color holds for a very long time with it. Which is amazing because I use Manic Panic dyes a lot.

gravatar
Nicole said...
July 16, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Ooh, I may have to try that one. Thanks for the suggestion, Decorative Diva!

Post a Comment