feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap

Labels: , , , ,

Skincare

Like the bottle says, it really is a "Magic" soap. Although there are many uses for this product (floor cleaner, shampoo, toothpaste, body wash), I chose to use it as a facial cleanser. If you can believe it, I am starting to think that this was one of the best decisions of my life.

Over the years, I have tried endless facial cleansers on my combination, acne-prone skin. I've tried Noxema, Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Clinique, St. Ives, Clean & Clear, and everything in between, and nothing has outperformed Dr. Bronner's. I have even made my own cleansing oil to use with the Oil Cleansing Method (Grapeseed oil, castor oil, almond oil, and a few drops of tea tree oil) which worked pretty well, but it was a mess to use and it was not portable whatsoever.

Granted, I've only been using Dr. Bronner's for three days... but during those days I've taken account of a noticeable change in my skin. Existing blemishes are fading, there hasn't even been the slightest tremor of a new breakout forming, and my pores just look and feel cleaner.

Since Dr. Bronner's is real soap, it lathers up superbly and will give you a deep clean. Just make sure you moisturize afterward, since some people find it to be slightly drying.

So here's what I've been doing: At night, I was my face with Dr. Bronner's (no need for toner or makeup remover, this stuff takes it all off, and you only need a little bit), and then I apply 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream to any spots, and lightly smooth on a layer of Vaseline (the best, and it WILL NOT clog pores, so don't even start with that!). Then, in the morning, I wash my face again with Dr. Bronner's, treat any spots, and apply a mixture of 2/3 Pure Aloe Vera Gel and 1/3 Glycerin to moisturize. This regime seems to be working swimmingly.

I love the peppermint scent, as it's very refreshing. If you aren't a fan of peppermint, Dr. Bronner's soaps come in endless varieties (like almond or lavender) and sizes, ranging from $2.15 for a small bottle to a gigantic, super-huge jug for like $40. It also comes in bar form for those who don't like liquid soaps. Dr. Bronner's has been known since like the 1960's, so who would've thought such a traditional product could pack such a powerful skincare punch!

Anyway, if you haven't already, check them out at your local drugstore or health food store, or visit their website for more info :)

EDIT: Posted - 2/16/2008: My oil prone skin did not like this product after 5 days, I still broke out, and in fact got a large cystic pimple. I no longer am endorsing this as a miracle product (surprise surprise) but I do think that for people with less sensitive skin, it might work out. For now, I'll be using Dr. Bronner's as a foot soak, cleaning product, and other involvements that don't relate to my face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment