feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

SWAV Loves: CoverBlend by Exuviance

Labels: , , , , ,

Loves

After that awful Dr. Hauschka incident, my concealer search is finally over. Pretty big statement, admittedly, but I am absolutely in love with CoverBlend and I don't care who knows it!

The full name is a little long though, CoverBlend by Exuviance (NeoStrata): Multi-Function Concealer SPF 15. Try saying that 5 times fast!

The generally unassuming box (normally I am attracted toward flashier packaging, so this was purely a stroke of luck) claims, "Anti-aging treatment concealer with UVA/UVB protection; Non-creasing, Natural-looking, All day wear" followed by "Physician Recommended" and inside they also state that the brand is "Dermatologist developed" and that they do no animal testing. Sounds too good to be true! Well, shockingly, it's not!

Anyway, this concealer is so great for a couple of reasons: It's very lightweight, so putting it on doesn't feel like you're applying a thick paste. It's hard to explain how light it feels, but it might have something to do with the fact that the first ingredient listed is water. No mineral oil or lanolin here... and that's good news.

Another good thing is that this concealer is somehow moisturizing without those irritating oils! Yup, that means no highlighting of dry skin patches! It smooths on pleasantly, and wears really well too... no caking or settling into fine lines. It's suitable for sensitive skin and non-comedogenic. That means you can use it on any acne-esque formations you may have with no negative effects. It's great for under-eye circles as well!

It comes in a fairly large tube (0.5 oz) for only $16.50! This stuff is such good quality, it makes me mad that I paid $28. for a tiny tube of Amazing Concealer, granted that did last me quite a long time.

If anyone is a Makeup-Alley member, feel free to check out the reviews here. If not, I'll just tell you, they got a 4.2 out of 5, which is pretty damn good.

I bought it in Beige, for my Light/Medium skin. It's available in two other shades (Sand, Light) as well. And since I love Ulta, you can test it out there, or order online!

4 comments:
gravatar
Anonymous said...
February 21, 2008 at 1:39 AM  

Amazing concealer was the worst I've ever tried, IMO and it's way overpriced. So greasy and thick; it looked very cakey on my skin. I purchased the $40 tube btw, so you can tell I'm really pissed about that.

gravatar
Nicole said...
February 21, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Yeah, I agree. I just liked how pigmented Amazing was... but the actual texture and quality of it was definitely lacking.

gravatar
Anonymous said...
February 22, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

Hey, I've been reading your blog for a couple weeks now and it's great! I'm happy you found this because I've been looking for a concealer to hide the circles under my eyes. Will definitely be checking it out...LIKE I need another excuse to go to Ulta and spend all of my money.

gravatar
Nicole said...
February 22, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

Thanks so much :)

I love Ulta, haha, before you go make sure you print your coupon! That one is currently $3.50 off any $10 or more purchase! I don't think its good on the concealer itself, but if you're buying other stuff there then it's definitely worth it!

Post a Comment