feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Kiss and Tell!

Labels: , ,

Makeup



Happy Valentine's Day girls!!

I've decided to perpetuate the kissy-face stereotype of the holiday by sharing with you some of my favorite "dressy" lip looks! ;)

Now, normally I will just throw on a lip balm or a quick gloss... so these are my slightly-more-put-together looks that take a little bit more effort (not much though, lol). Take a look!

Here (on the right) is look #1, a neutral rose. I used NYX Lipliner in "Natural" and NYX Black Label Lipstick in "Dusty Rose".




Look #2 (to the left, to the left) is my super-bright red look, for which I used Jordana Lipliner in "Hot Pepper", L'Oreal in Colour Riche "British Red" and L'Oreal HIP Lip gloss in "Enticing".


Look #3 (last, but not least) is a glossy blue-based light pink. I used NYX Lipliner in "Barbie Pink", and layered Paul & Joe Lipgloss in "01" with Styli-Style Plastique in "Ultra Violet".


Let me know what you think and enjoy this lovely Hallmark holiday with someone special! :)

P.S. - Funny how my camera makes it look like my skin is three completely different tones!

6 comments:
gravatar
the Muse said...
February 14, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

beautiful!

You've set a new category for us bloggers. LOTD! Lip of the Day ;)

teehee!

Happy V-Day!

gravatar
Nicole said...
February 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Haha, what a good idea. LOTD, I like it!

Happy Valentines to you too :)

gravatar
Anonymous said...
February 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

I'm going to try to get a hold of that NYX Dusty Rose lipstick...

I actually have the NYX lipliner in Natural (I've been on a nude lipliner kick, as of late) but I've ditched it in favor of Milani's Most Natural and Satin Rose lipliners. I also like Jordana's Rock n' Rose lipliner (a slightly more brown version of Most Natural).

Where do you buy your NYX products from? My local ULTA has a limited selection, and ever since Eckerd was bought out by RiteAid, Eckerd has stopped carrying most of their NYX products as well. I keep searching in vain for NYX distributors and stockists, all to no avail.

gravatar
Nicole said...
February 15, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

MandyPandy,

I've gotten NYX from a couple different places. I have a Harmon Discount store near me that carries some of their stuff (but no Black Label yet), and also as I mentioned in another post, Essentials Plus has a pretty good selection as well. Mainly though, I've ordered from CherryCulture.com, where I feel has definitely the best selection of NYX products. Free shipping on purchases over $40 and a free cherry lip gloss with every purchase. (I feel like I'm writing commercials for them haha, but it's true... and good prices too, the single shadows are only $2.80 each, and the Ultra Pearl Manias are .99!)

gravatar
Unknown said...
February 17, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

I'm fraggin' loving those red lips.

gravatar
Nicole said...
February 17, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Thanks Jamie! They are definitely too bright for everyday wear (in my opinion, of course) but for special occasions... oooh do they ever attract attention!

Post a Comment